Thursday, April 2, 2009

coco loco

Hey hey,

We're still loving life on the Kona coast. In the next weeks, 3 apprentices are leaving, including our dear friend Pat. Barry, one of the farm owners, is also on vaca with his family for 3 weeks, so if we don't get any other apprentices, we'll be way down on numbers.

I've been working on buying my plane ticket back to the mainland and i'm planning for a stop in Oahu to see Gina and a stop in Phoenix which I am so excited about!!! Then it's back to VA to do I-don't-know-what except to see my family for a bit. Hey, if you have any ideas on what I should do next, please let me know.

Em and I eat a lot of fresh veggies and fruit, but our other staples that we fly through are bread, peanut butter, plain yogurt, and milk. Peanut butter and jellies have made a comeback and I've really enjoyed eating them. Other common grocery purchases are eggs, chocolate chips, rice, soy sauce, and cheese. We've become creative with our meals.

For Pat's last night, we played Apples to Apples, ate a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing that Emily and I made, and listened to a lot of reggae music--Pat's fave.

So let me tell you about Kona coffee. It's really good. It is also very strong. When I drink the coffee here, I have this urge to clean (and luckly there's always something to clean with 5 boys around). So there's a little hint: invite me over and give me Kona coffee and I may just clean your entire house.

Today Em and I rode the bus into Kona. Two very unfortunate things happened: the buses were very unreliable, and 2 bus drivers were mean to me. They just talked to me in a mean tone and it hurt my feelings. Maybe they're not paid well. I dunno. But i maybe won't be taking the bus for a while. In Kona, we tried to print pictures, but the digital picture machine wouldn't read our cards. Then we tried to find Cadbury Mini Eggs easter candy, and they didn't have bags of them, only very small packages. I mean, come on!

Goodnight and Happy Palm Sunday!
Coriena

1 comment:

M!chelle said...

mmm i love cadbury eggs!! i must find some!
you food staples sound yummy...cheese is one thing i miss alot...there was alway a good supply of cheese at the e house..not so much here...
i hope chocolate cake and peanut butter icing are also staples...ha ha ha